- At Knowleswood Primary School, our School Governors are pro-active in developing our school, to ensure the outcomes for ALL children are the best they can possibly be. They help drive the Vision for Knowleswood which is ‘To ignite a spark for learning in all young minds, that inspires and creates independence for life within an environment that is safe, stable and caring for all.’
Governors at Knowleswood, help create a culture that enables pupils and staff to excel. They challenge senior leaders to ensure that staff are deployed effectively and sources of funding, including pupil premium, sports premium and SEN funding, are used effectively to secure excellent outcomes for pupils.
Knowleswood Governors have specific roles focused on the following key areas:
- The effectiveness of Leadership and Management.
- The quality of Teaching and Learning.
- Pupils’ personal development, behaviour and welfare.
- Pupil outcomes.
- The effectiveness of Early Years provision.
Please refer to the Knowleswood ‘Instrument of Government’ for further information regarding the structure of the Governing Body.
David Wilford (Chair of Governors)
Sam Kirkby (Vice-Chair of Governors)
Cllr Tess Peart
Ruth Gavin (Staff Governor)
Andrew Cheeseman (Associate member)
Sohail Mahmood (Associate member)
Noreen Dunn (Executive Headteacher)
Clare Cosgrove (Head of School)
There are no upcoming events.